It’s that time of year again! We all love the free BBQ events, tech startup happy hours, and corporate sponsored concerts with Grammy award winning artists performing at your local Austin dive bar, however, more importantly SXSW Interactive brings some of the world’s biggest thought leaders across multiple industries and sectors.
Merivis is so excited to share our message in our SXSW panel on Saturday, March 10th 9:30AM-10:30AM, Transitioning Vets: From Battlefield to Tech Career. Our panel features a mixture of veteran experiences featuring:
- Hector Perez – Merivis founder and Board President, VP of CRM and Engineering at Fidelity Investments, Air Force veteran
- Ann Weeby – Director of Salesforce’s “Vetforce” military initiative, Army veteran
- Nolan Melson – Merivis Board Member, IT consultant and Veterans ERG North America Co-Lead at Capgemini, Army veteran
- Kate Perez – Merivis co-founder and Advisory Council member, marketing professional, non-profit leader and veteran spouse
Over the past few years, our experiences through Merivis and Vetforce in training veterans and military spouses in Salesforce, and helping them find careers in IT, has allowed for us to have a “boots on the ground” perspective in this mission. We take pride in having helped our Merivis alumni veterans transition from $9 an hour manual labor jobs, to $92,000 a year Salesforce Consultant careers. Furthermore, we look forward to sharing our best practices and lessons learned and we hope to gain valuable insights from the audience as well.
Together, our diverse panel brings a mixture of perspectives and ideas in discussing veteran transition and careers in the cloud based IT ecosystem. We will also discuss the challenges that veterans face, resources available and job opportunities for veterans transitioning to cloud careers.
Visit our Registration link for SXSW 2018 Badge Holders to sign up for our panel, and stay turned for a Salesforce Community Mixer hosted by Merivis and Vetforce. See you there!
- Tags: Salesforce, Salesforce.com, South By Southwest, SXSW, VetForce